INSPIRE SOME DERMAL REGENERATION
Automated Micro-Needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine and a minimally invasive skin-rejuvenation procedure for the treatment of fine lines, improve texture, acne scars, reduce the appearance of pore size and improvement of the skin’s overall appearance. During this procedure, tiny needles are used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to produce collagen and elastin. Because the injury is only occurring where the needles inject the skin, the healthy skin surrounding the area helps keep the healing process minimal.
What are the Benefits?
The benefits of Micro-needling are a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. Micro-needling also has a positive effect on hyper-pigmentation as well as on hypo-pigmentation, acne scars, traumatic scars and stretch marks and generally creates a fresher appearance or glow to the skin. Micro-needling can be used on all parts of the body; Face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
How is the procedure done?
A sterile needle-tip containing 36 tiny micro-needles is attached to the Collagen PIN™. Your skincare professional will apply a thin layer of topical numbing gel to your skin and select the appropriate treatment depth based on your unique needs. The feeling associated with Micro-needling is similar to light sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating needle tip reduces discomfort while the applied hydrating gel also makes the treatment more tolerable. The procedure takes 15-45 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
What is the downtime?
Immediately after the treatment you will notice a bright redness to the skin. The total healing time depends on the depth of needles used and the number of passes your skincare professional performs. On average, patients are red up to 2 to 4 days. Some patients heal completely in as little as 24 hours. Utilizing the quality skincare products provided by your skincare provider, can help to speed up the healing process.
When will I see the results?
Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several days and weeks. Results continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment as collagen production continues. Some patients only require a single treatment, once per year to achieve optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 3-4 weeks apart. For patients with deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at 6 week intervals.
- Having a Chemical Peel or Microdermabrasion two weeks prior to your Micro-Needling treatment will help to soften and exfoliate the epidermis and help your body produce natural collagen reproduction, which will make your treatments more effective. This is NOT required.
- If you are planning to receive Botox/Dysport/Xeomin, make sure that you give yourself at least two weeks post injections before receiving your Micro-Needling procedure. If you choose to do injections post Micro-Needling treatment we prefer for you to wait until skin is healed.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, fish oil, aspirin or any other medication and you have the tendency to bruise easily, you may consider taking Arnica Montana pre and post procedure to alleviate bruising and swelling (this may be purchased at health food stores, follow manufacturers directions). Take Arnica Montana 24 hours before treatment and continue for 3 days after treatment.
- Prior to the Micro-Needling treatment a topical numbing agent is applied to the treatment area (unless you are allergic to any ingredients) however some discomfort may be expected. Inform your technician if you are allergic to Lidocaine.
- Inform technician of any ALLERGIES or a history of cold sores. An antiviral may be given prior to treatment.
- If you are under a physician’s care, please advise your technician.